The following steps should be carried out for a proper installation of the Paradigm theme.
- Replace the default logo in /paradigm/img/logo.png with yours.
The optimal size is 200 px wide but if larger it will be resized.
- Replace the default favicon.ico with yours
It is located at /paradigm/img/favicon.ico
- Place the provided robots.txt at website root
If you use sitemap-extended, modify and uncomment the last line of the robots.txt to display the sitemap index URL.
- Rename the existing .htaccess file on your server (rename it old.htaccess and upload the provided .htaccess file at website root
- Check use mod_rewrite
- To get cleaner image page URLs, set an extension (.php, .htm, .html)
- Make sure you have set your website title (options/gallery) as it is used in the end of the title tag of each page
Your full images will be indexed in search engines. So:
- generate images with a watermak as the Zenphoto watermarking will not work
- create images of a reasonable size: 800px to 900px on their largest side is optimal.
- Select your theme options:
Homepage format, archive link and search display, links to your social profiles.
- If you are using Google Analytics, add your ID.
You can find it in your website tracking information. ID example: UA-123456-1
Do not paste the full code, only the ID is necessary.
- If you plan to use social share buttons, create an account at Sharethis.
Again, you will have to paste your ID only. ID example: 6c4c074c-0b87-4c03-8476-c8cc149cc219
The rest of the code is already in the theme.
Share buttons display on the left hand side.
- Enable the print_album_menu plugin to display your albums in the main navigation dropdown menu and sidebar menu
- Enable the Zenpage plugin to display the news and pages in the main navigation dropdown menu and sidebar menu
- Enable the image_album_statistics plugin if you want to display the latest pictures on the homepage
- If you use html_meta_tags, make sure you deselect
- meta title
- Meta description
- Opengraph tags
- Enable GoogleMap if needed and make sure the map width is set at 100% (or it will no longer be responsive)
- The tag cloud does not use tag_extras
Paradigm does not use deprecated functions, so you can uncheck if from the themes menu.