Saint Pierre Church tympan
The only part of the village that is not made of the typical red stone used everywhere is the area above the main door of the Saint Pierre Church called the tympan. It was sculpted in the 12th century in white limestone and shows Jesus Christ with four angels above the 12 apostles. This part of the church was hidden during the religious wars and only put back in place in 1923.
Saint Pierre Church tympan by is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
It can be used for non-commercial purposes with the following text and link:
Photo from: <a href="http://www.france-in-photos.com/">France in Photos</a>